Standards Development and Technical Projects
International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES DOES THE POSITION OF MANAGER, STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNICAL PROJECTS PRESENT?
Working for the IESBA provides a rich and diverse experience through the opportunity to develop high quality ethics standards for the global accountancy profession in the public interest. The position of Manager, Standards Development and Technical Projects offers the following unique personal and professional opportunities:
• To develop a global, public-interest oriented perspective on contemporary and emerging real-world ethical issues, including in the area of auditor independence, that the accountancy profession faces.
• To significantly contribute to leading-edge ethics standard setting projects, thereby enhancing global public trust in the accountancy profession.
• To engage with senior members of the accountancy profession, the global regulatory and standard-setting communities, and investor, preparer, governance and other international stakeholder groups.
• To work in a dynamic, collaborative, multi-cultural and collegial environment, including fostering relationships with colleagues in international auditing, assurance and education standard setting.
• Personal and professional growth.
• To travel internationally.
WHAT IS THE ROLE, AND WHAT ARE THE KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION?
The Manager, Standards Development and Technical Projects is a key member of the IESBA Staff Team supporting the achievement of IESBA's strategy and objectives. The role and key attributes are shown below:
• Serve as the staff member (individually or in coordination with senior staff)on IESBA standards development projects.
• Support research and analysis on standards development or related initiatives, and develop recommendations.
• Provide support to external outreach and communication efforts of the IESBA. Key Attributes
• Self-motivation and confidence in dealing with others on complex technical matters with the flexibility to meet internal and external demands.
• Ability to work in a collaborative and team environment.
• Strong project management skills, in particular those necessary for the timely delivery of outputs including interpretation of what is needed for the success of a project.
• Ability to define - or redefine and clarify - technical ethics issues from differing perspectives, and to articulate, summarize, synthesize and weigh the relevant merits of alternative viewpoints and potential responses in a coherent manner.
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
• Excellent communication skills including written, spoken, listening, and presentation.
• Keen interest in public interest and practical ethics and independence issues.
• Ability to liaise with senior members of the accountancy profession and regulatory community, as well as with senior officials from other external organizations. Must be willing to travel internationally 10-15 days a year.
WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
Essential duties and responsibilities include those set out below. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Conduct project research, including structured consultations with a wide range of stakeholders globally.
• Plan, orchestrate and participate in IESBA and relevant task force meetings; draft minutes of the deliberations and decisions.
• Draft standards and guidance (exposure drafts and final versions) in consultation with relevant task forces and the IESBA.
• Prepare IESBA agenda material to meet quality in terms of technical content and clarity.
• Develop meeting materials for key external support groups such as the IESBA Consultative Advisory Group (http://www.ethicsboard.org/cag) (CAG) and the IESBA-National Standard Setters (NSS) liaison group.
• Assist senior IESBA Staff to respond to developments and emerging issues, and inquiries regarding technical, process or administrative issues.
• Support the senior IESBA Staff in outreach activities, including developing presentations.
• Support the delivery of the IESBA's various communication activities, including development of press and other communications.
WHAT IS THE PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE FOR THE POSITION?
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
• Practical experience of issues relating to ethics and independence. An understanding of the special considerations relating to public interest entities, small- and medium-sized entities (SMEs), small and medium practices (SMPs), or public sector entities is a plus.
• An understanding of, or familiarity with, the standard-setting process is a plus.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
• Excellent technical, organizational and project management skills, and strong computer literacy.
• A professionally recognized accounting degree, certification as a Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant, or other relevant qualification, e.g., bachelor's degree in law.
WHAT ELSE AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The position is located in the IFAC head office in New York. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
ABOUT THE IESBA
The IESBA is an independent standard-setting board that develops and issues, in the public interest, high-quality ethics standards and other pronouncements for professional accountants worldwide. Through its activities, the IESBA develops the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants, which establishes ethics requirements for professional accountants. The IESBA is subject to oversight by the Public Interest Oversight Board (PIOB). The structures and processes that support the operations of the IESBA are facilitated by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). The IESBA and its staff work closely on projects of mutual interest with the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) and the International Accounting Education Standards Board (IAESB), among other bodies.
IFAC is the global organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. It is comprised of more than 175 members and associates in 130 countries and jurisdictions, representing almost 3 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry, and commerce.
The application deadline is April 30, 2017. Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/txggwx5fz9f7qb8v