Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
2014 Ethics Bowl Summer Workshop
High School, Two-year and Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl Programs
St. Petersburg College - Clearwater, Clearwater, Florida
Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13, 2014
This summer APPE hosted the first ever Ethics Bowl Summer Workshop. This workshop was intented for those interested in or already a part of the three great Ethics Bowl programs that the Association is proud to support.
- Coaching Strategies
- Fundraising and Marketing Strategies
- Student Voices
Special Sessions for
Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl
Two-College Ethics Bowl
National High School Ethics Bowl
- Hosting an Ethics Bowl
- Organizing a Regional Ethics Bowl
- Leadership Opportunities at the National and Regional Levels
- Starting an Ethics Bowl Program at your Institution
- Looking forward—the future of the Ethics Bowl
- And, much more …
Before June 12, 2014: $75.00 per person and includes breakfast and lunch.
After June 12, 2014: $90.00 per person and includes breakfast and lunch.
There will be an opportunity to attend an informal dinner at a nearby restaraunt on Saturday night. Please, indicate on your form whether you intend to participate in the dinner.
Print and complete the participation form and return it to the APPE office by email or fax (if paying online) or by mail, if paying by check. If paying by credit card, please use the online payment portal link, below.
Saturday Evening Dinner Opportunity
The Saturday evening Workshop dinner was held at the Palm Pavilion Beachside on Clearwater Beach.
Transportation was provided from St. Petersburg College, Clearwater Campus to the restaurant for all participants at the Workshop. Participants enjoyed great food, great conversation and great views. It was a nice way to extend conversation about the workshop topics of the day and get to know more about their fellow Ethics Bowl enthusiasts!
APPE negotiated with the Clarion Inn & Suites, Clearwater for a group rate of $59 per night for a standard room.
This hotel was located directly across the street from the College campus. There is a crosswalk at the corner for pedestrians to cross the street to the college campus.
For questions and inquiries about the 2014 APPE Ethics Bowl Workshop contact Dr. Richard Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, July 12
8:00 – 8:30 Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 9:30 Session I Opening (plenary session)
- Welcome and Opening Remarks - Richard Greene and Stuart Yoak.
- Discussion Leader: Deni Elliott
9:45 – 11:15 Session II (concurrent sessions)
- Ethics Bowl Coaching Sessions A: Beginning Coaches
- Ethics Bowl Coaching Sessions B: Experienced Coaches
11:30a – 12:30p Session III (plenary session)
- Sharing Feedback from Coaching Session (plenary session)
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch on site
1:30 – 2:45 Session IV (plenary session)
- Telling the Ethics Bowl Story
- Student and faculty speakers
3:00 – 4:30 Session V. Ethics Bowl Programs (concurrent sessions)
- Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl
- Two-Year College Ethics Bowl
- High School Ethics Bowl
4:45 – 6:00 Session VI. (plenary session)
- Sharing Feedback from Concurrent Ethics Bowl Program Sessions
6:00 – Dinner at local restaurant.
Sunday, July 13
8:00 – 8:30 Continental Breakfast
8:45 – 10:15 Session VII Organizing Regional and National Ethics Bowls (plenary session)
- Organization, judging, fundraising and marketing strategies.
10:30 – 11:00 Session VIII. Leadership Opportunities (plenary session)
- Discussion Leader: Richard Greene
11:15 – Noon Session IX. Concluding Session (plenary session)
- Topics of Interest Not Yet Addressed
- Workshop Feedback
- Recommendations for the 2015 Summer Ethics Bowl Workshop