Cases, Rules, and Guidelines
For more information about the Ethics BowlSM competitions contact the Association’s IEB Board Chair, Richard Greene, Phone: 801-626-6694, email: email@example.com
Important Ethics Bowl Dates
September 7, 2016 - 2016 Ethics Bowl Regional Cases
January 4, 2017 - 2017 National Competition Cases will be posted
National Ethics Bowl Cases
National Cases for the 2017 IEB Championship will be posted on January 4, 2017.
Regional Cases and Rules
Fees and Registration Announcement:
In order to streamline the registration process for the Regional Ethics Bowl Compeitions, the following changes are in effect for the 2016 Regional Competitions:
- Each team will pay one payment for their Regional competition to APPE to cover the specific regions costs and the APPE regional payment. PLEASE NOTE: The amount listed for your region includes the APPE portion, so only one payment is needed. As always, this fee covers up to 2 teams. Please, check with your region to see if they allow more than one team per school.
- Each team will provide to APPE at the time of payment an Regional Individual Team Form.
- A team will not be considered registered for their competition until both items are received.
The registration fees for participation in the Regional Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl are, as follows:
1. APPE Ethics Bowl Regional fee for all Teams $100 (included in your regional payment amount listed on the Regional List and the payment site.)
2. Regional Host Registration Fee (Varies by region. Some regions do not require an payment above the $100 APPE fee.)
3. All Ethics Bowl Teams must have at least one APPE Individual Member or one Institutional Member (student memberships with APPE do not meet this qualification.)
To pay for your teams Regional Fees, please click on the following link: Regional Team Payment
To renew your Membership with APPE or become a member of APPE, please click on the following link: APPE Membership
Note: Though the general IEB policy has been that schools may send up to two teams to the regional competitions, some Regions are not equipped to handle the additional number of schools. Please, check with your region, before registering two teams for any regional competition.
Any team qualifying for the APPE Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl Nationals will have a competition fee of $100 to be paid to APPE at the time of qualification. You cannot register for Nationals before receiving your qualifying bid at your Regional Competition. That payment will be paid through the following payment site: Ethics Bowl Nationals Payment
Please, contact the APPE office for additional information or clarification at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-6450.
Teams who do not have an Individual or Institutional member of the Association and have questions, please contact Beth Works, APPE Sr. Executive Assistant, (Email: email@example.com; Phone: 812-855-6450) for assistance.
Fees & Registration
- All teams participating in Ethics Bowl Regional or National Competition must be members of the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE). This may be an individual or an institutional membership. Only one membership is required (individual or institutional.) A student membership does not meet this qualification. For more clarification, please contact the APPE office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-855-6450.
- All entry fees for teams competing in a regional competition will be collected by APPE for that region. In addition, each school will be assessed a $100 fee (covering up to two teams from that school) for the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics, to help defray the cost of the National Competition. Those combined fees are what is reflected for each region on the payment site and on the Regional List.
- Note: Regions are no longer accepting any fees from teams. APPE will collect individual regions fees and send those to the Regional Director at the time of their Regional Competition.
- The Regional Individual Team Fee Form is required for all teams before they are considered registered for their regional competition.
- A regional team will not be eligible to compete in the regional until all regional fees have been paid and the form has been received.
- If a team chooses to participate in a second Regional Competition, that regional fee can be paid directly to that region.
Note: Any team participating in more than one Regional Ethics Bowl Competition should contact APPE before registering for their second event.
To submit your payment for your Ethics Bowl Team, please complete the following instructions:
If you are paying by credit card, you may use our online payment portal. Please, click the here to access our online payment portal.
If you prefer to pay by check or electronic transfer, please fill in the Regional Team Fee Form and email, fax or mail it to the APPE Offices (see contact information at the bottom of this page.) We accept pdfs, scanned and faxed forms. Please, contact the APPE office for additional information regarding electronic transfer. Please, mail your checks with your form to the APPE office at the address listed at the bottom of this webpage.
Credit card transactions will no longer be handled by phone, fax or mail. Please, use the online payment portal.
Past Regional and National Bowl Competition Cases
For those interested in how teams are scored or for a format to start your own Intercollege Ethics BowlSM team, please consult the following cases, rules, and guidelines used in past Intercollegiate Ethics Bowlsm competitions.
Regional Cases in PDF