Twenty-seventh Annual International Conference
The 2018 Research Intergrity/RCR Workshop is currently in the planning stages. If you have a suggestion for a specific topic to be discussed or if you would like to be a part of the planning team, please contact the APPE Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is information from the 2016 workshop. For those not in attendance, it will give you an idea of what topics were covered.
2016 Research Integrity/RCR Workshop
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Research Integrity Inside the Beltway: Looking Back and Looking Forward
Trisha Phillips (Coordinator), Political Science, West Virginia University
The Association for Practical and Professional Ethics is pleased to announce “Research Integrity Inside the Beltway: Looking Back and Looking Forward.” This pre-conference workshop preceded the main program of the 25th Annual Meeting of the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE) in Reston, Virginia.
This is an exciting time as we reflect on significant achievements in the field, current issues, policy and program mandates, and new challenges. Our presenters will discuss the research integrity issues their agencies and organizations address, the difficulties involved in developing policy, and the future of research and policy on research integrity.
The workshop featured a report from the 4th World Conference on Research Integrity (provided by Elizabeth Heitman and Daniel Vasgird), and presentations by the following invited speakers:
- Tom Arrison, Program Director for Development, Security, and Cooperation
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Daniel Denecke, Vice President, Best Practices and Strategic Initiatives
Council of Graduate Schools
- Francesca Grifo, Scientific Integrity Official
Environmental Protection Agency
- Zoë Hammatt, Director, Division of Education and Integrity
Office of Research Integrity
- Allison C. Lerner, Inspector General
National Science Foundation
- Heather Pierce, Sr. Director, Science Policy & Regulatory Counsel
American Association of Medical Colleges
The pre-conference workshop took place on February 18th, 2016, from 9-4, and the main conference program began at 4:00 and continued through Saturday, February 20th.
Workshop attendees are invited to register and attend the main conference program which features a presentation by Christine Grady (NIH) and peer-reviewed presentations on a number of topics in research integrity, bioethics, business ethics, environmental ethics, and moral theory.
Registration for the workshop is:
APPE Members: On time registration - $75; late registration (after January 18) - $105
Non-members: On time registration - $110; late registration (after January 18) - $140
Registration can be purchased along with your APPE Annual Conference registration at the following link: Annual Conference Registration
For additiona information, please contact the APPE office at email@example.com or 812-855-6450.
In this section
- November 28 End of Early Bird Registration
- December Notification of Program Presenters
- January 9 Deadline for Audio Visual Request Forms
- January 9 National IEB Team Registration ends
- January 20 Publisher Ads deadline
- January 23 End of On-Time Registration
- February 1 Hotel Reservations deadline
- February 6 Meal Reservations with Payment deadline